Once again, LifeLong Learning is proud to offer America's largest discussion program on world affairs: Great Decisions, an eight-week curriculum of the Foreign Policy Association.
Great Decisions focuses on different critical issues facing America. The program involves reading the Great Decisions briefing book, watching a DVD about the topic, and discussing the issues in a small group with other PebbleCreek residents. The program provides background information and policy options, while avoiding partisan politics. As always, the topics are timely and will generate lively discussion.
Weekly Topics for 2021:
- Topic 1: The role of international organizations in a Global Pandemic
- Topic 2: Global supply chains and national security
- Topic 3: China and Africa
- Topic 4: Korean Peninsula
- Topic 5: Persian Gulf Security
- Topic 6: Brexit and the European Union
- Topic 7: The fight over the melting Arctic
- Topic 8: The End of Globalization?
Great Decision classes will be presented via Zoom and are limited to 20 participants for the discussion panel in each class. The class is free but registration is required. You will need to purchase the Great Decisions 2021 book. Registered attendees will receive the Zoom invitation with sign in instructions a few days prior to the event.
Please indicate the session you prefer when you register by clicking on it.
Questions? Email Carole Korzilius.
MAXIMUM: 20 participants per session
ZOOM Check In: 15 minutes prior to Class Time
CLASS Cost: No charge
BOOK Cost: $35 Great Decisions 2021 book