We are excited to offer Monday Morning Lectures for PebbleCreek residents! We are rising to the challenge of the pandemic to provide educational and interesting lectures through the end of the year. Our programs will be delivered differently, but they will be consistent with the quality that you have come to expect from LifeLong Learning. All 2020 lectures will be offered via Zoom, a leader in webinar and conferencing.
Monday Morning Lectures will be presented via Zoom at 10 a.m. and will be FREE. Registration is required.
- Sep. 21: Legal Issues Surrounding Covid-19
- Oct. 5: Operations at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station
- Oct. 19: Voting, the Pandemic and Election 2020
- Nov. 2: American Native / Native American
REGISTRATION is now required for Monday Morning Lectures because attendance is limited to 100. You must have a LifeLong Learning user account to register. If you do not have one, click on Sign Up on the right side of this page. Registration begins 30 days prior to each event.
Bonus information from the Sept. 21 lecture:
Legal Issues Surrounding COVID-19
Leila Barraza, J.D., M.P.H., gave a Monday Morning Lecture titled “COVID-19 Emergency Preparedness Primer.” You can access her slides here. They provide an interesting overview of the impact of laws and regulations for COVID-19. Ms. Barraza is an Associate Professor in the Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health and a Senior Consultant, Network for Public Health Law, Western Region.
COVID-19 ALERT: It is the hope of LifeLong Learning that the Renaissance Theater in the Tuscany Falls Clubhouse will be open in January 2021. Lectures may need to continue on Zoom and as soon as information about the theater is known, it will be conveyed through all electronic outlets available to LifeLong Learning.
Lectures begin at 10:00 a.m. and tickets are $5 at the door of the Renaissance Theater beginning at 9 a.m.
The following lectures are planned for the winter season.
- Jan. 25: Arizona Highways Magazine
- Feb. 1: The Planet Mars
- Feb. 8: The Gut-Brain Connection
- Feb. 15: Arizona State Parks
- Feb. 22: CRISPR - Gene Editing and Ethics
- Mar. 1: The WASPS of WWII
- Mar. 8: Goodyear – An Economic Hotspot
- Mar. 15: Free Speech
- Mar. 22: Future Water Security for Arizona
- Mar. 29: A Psychologist’s View of Why We Harass