Oct. 5: These is My Words: The Diary of Sarah Agnes Prine by Nancy Turner
Susie Nee, team leader of PC Reads, said the idea of a monthly book group grew from the success of last year's program to have book groups throughout PebbleCreek read Belgravia by Julian Fellowes and then gather as part of the Sunday Series to learn about the book and its setting. Many of the Sunday Series attendees said they would be interested in a “drop-in” program, particularly in the summer months, when the days are hot and there are far fewer events to attend.
There is no charge, but monthly registration is required and is limited to 24 people. Registration for October 5 is open. The books is Is My Words: The Diary of Sarah Agnes Prine, 1881-1901 by Nancy Turner.
Books read thus far are:
- June 2017: Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
- July 2017: The Rosie Project: A Novel by Graeme Simsion.
- August 2017: 3mph: The Adventures of One Woman’s Walk Around the Worldby Polly Letofsky
- September 2017: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
Upcoming books are:
- Oct. 5, These Is My Words: The Diary of Sarah Agnes Prine, 1881-1901 by Nancy Turner,
- Nov. 2, Still Alice by Lisa Genova
- Dec. 7, A Man Called Ove by Fredrick Backman
- Jan. 4, Our Souls at Night by Kent Haruf
- Feb 1, Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown
- March 1, Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom
- April 5, Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania by Erik Larson
- May 3, Hands of My Father: A Hearing Boy, His Deaf Parents, and the Language of Love by Myron Uhlberg
- June 7, When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
We now have 30 groups on our list. Is your group included?